Skip to main content

Reply to "2015 Commitments"

Originally Posted by Proud Praent:

...Why would a young player want to go to a ACC/SEC school as freshman an never see the field, an possible not as a sophomore...

...Here is my advice to young players an even studs, go to good JUCO, get two years of proven college baseball under your belt an then go to the big D1 school an get a starting position...

And my experience is way different than yours.  We work with coaches and players every day.  Why can't a frosh step on the field right away?  Why not shoot for the stars?  If they have to sit the bench and bide their time, why is that a bad thing?  We not compete at the highest level if you have the ability and drive.  I heard a great story about the Oregon State CF.  He lived in a tent to tryout for the team as a walk on his frosh year.  He had gone unrecruited and earned a spot on the team.  If he followed your advice, he would have been at a JuCo watching the CWS.

And, I completely disagree with your use of JuCo.  JuCo, IMO, should be for: 1) Highly drafted guys who didn't sign and want another shot the next year; 2) guys with academic issues; 3) guys who weren't recruited due to injury or some other circumstance who have D1 potential.