Skip to main content

Reply to "2015 Grad RHP (85/86 mph) - No Offer Yet, and What To DO"

Originally Posted by DPBpitcher:

Originally Posted by BOF:

First relax, you have plenty of time. 

My son was in almost the exact position as your son 4 years ago. He had test scores almost exactly your sons. He was at the Arizona Fall Sr Classic (which is going on right now) and was sitting 85-86 and touched 87-89 on some guns.  

He ended up being recruited by some D1's into his HS Sr year and had several D1 teams have coaches see him pitch in HS. He ended up getting some D1 offers, but decided to "commit" to a very competitive DIII. He did not sign the papers until May 1st of his Sr year.

I would start to really look at the D3 options because he will likely get good academic money with his grades/test scores. Go to D3baseball.com and look over the programs and conferences. You can PM me with any specific program questions as I am pretty familiar with most of the West Coast to Texas D3's.

Good luck, but he will find a place to play and contribute and could end up being a top flight D3 pitcher from where he is starting. 

Hi BOF, I am new to this web, and I'd like to know about D3 colleges, and how am I able to PM you?

To send a dialog (pm) click on BOF's name. This will bring up his profile. On the right you will see the option to start a Dialog.