Skip to main content

Reply to "2015 Grad RHP (85/86 mph) - No Offer Yet, and What To DO"

Originally Posted by jolietboy:
I am a little surprised by this predicament.   I know there are D1's that would live to have a kid with grades they could give academic money to and save their baseball money.  Not the top schools obviously but some.  And I would think D2's would be all over a kid like this.  Are there other issues like are you being told control is a concern or the lack of a good second pitch?  Do they believe he is not 'projectable' for further mph gain?  I am just surprised this kid wouldn't be getting a little more attention.  Not every staff is full of 90+ guys.

Thanks for your comments. For D1, the short answer is that my son reached 85/86 mph in Mid Aug (a bit late) and after that we did not find (know) any showcases for high academic players and we were unable to register AZ Senior Fall Classic because we knew it too late. My son's exposure to D1 was just a USD Team camp and PG Evosield Upperclass. The current status is 2 D1 colleges list my son as "follow", but no offer. 

For D2, my son was followed by one college for a while, and it seems one week we got called and 2 weeks later, nothing happens. And another D2 did suggest merit scholarship, in the process because they have no athlete money and we contacted them late.

Bottom line is my son reached 85/86 mph a bit late (had been in low 80s) and we were inexperience in finding showcases to get my son the best exposure. So now, we hope get help from here to find remaining good showcases. 

Last edited by DPBpitcher