Skip to main content

Reply to "2015 Preseason Rankings"

Originally Posted by GoHeels:
Originally Posted by GB_Baseball:

To all the Nova baseball fans.. how is Madison loaded "again" were they "loaded" last year? If so, the SED is loaded as well

I'm no expert on NoVa baseball, but Madison has, for a number of years, been a very good program.  Last season they were considered one of the top teams in the state of Virginia, and apparently return a good amount of talent.  I believe they won 20 games last season.

And yes, there are a few programs in the SED which are loaded as well.  However, this does not mean that there aren't other really good programs throughout the state of Virginia.

Over the last 6-10 years there are 3-4 very consistent places where top flight baseball is being played year in and year out.  The Patriot League in the North, SED in Tidewater and Richmond.

The top suspects have been pretty consistent, Lake Braddock, So. County, Hanover, James River, Great Bridge, Kellem out of the Beach and Western Branch among others.  Year in and year out there are 1 or 2 teams widely ranked nationally and the state produces around a dozen or more Major Conference/Professional grade prospects.

I came from a place where there was 1 guy that played in the majors over 30 years and maybe 5/6 DIV I prospects in the same period.  The baseball was barely JV level for most of the schools just mentioned.

The tug of war over which part of the state is the best is fun to debate - but IMO the games themselves are better.