Skip to main content

Reply to "2016 early draft top prospects"

There was an interview with Groome where he said he didn't really like school.  At some point he maybe thought he might attend Vandy, but that has not crossed his mind in the last 12 months, if not longer.  Not sure who his "adviser" is but this is certainly an attempt to show that he might pass on the current draft is the money is not "enough" - have not seen what folks are saying his number is.  I understand someone knowing their "value", but once you get seven figures - maybe starting with a "2" or a "3", not sure I understand holding out unless you REALLY think you can show more during the next 12 months.  Actually, I think his offer will start with a "4" or a "5" and ought to be plenty to live on - maybe just not enough to satisfy the "adviser"'s ego.  Besides, he owes his parents for the year at IMG.

Slot value for 1/1 is $9 million dropping to $7.7 for 1/2 and $6.5 for 1/3 - and then just falls like a rock to $1.6 for the 41st pick in round #1.  My question - based on who you believe will be picked 1/1, what do you think the bonus amount will be or should be?  Given the uncertainly - JOEKKTG had some excellent comments - it would seem that the 1/1 pick might not even get to $7.7 - maybe top three will all get between $5 and $6 million.