Skip to main content

Reply to "2016 early draft top prospects"

This is one of the hardest drafts ever to predict.  There is so much going on behind the scenes that will affect this draft.  Stories will be flying and bargain hunting will play a part.  Clubs are going to try getting two or three top guys and spread out their bonus money.  

I would say that about 20 or so are sure first Rd picks in some order.  Some that are mentioned as sure first Rd picks in the many mock drafts will not be going in the first Rd.

I (we) never publicize everything we know.  We don't talk about makeup, Signability, or injury unless the injury is well documented.  

Without any issues I think there would be a clear cut #1 this year.  That said, there isn't a clear cut #1.

I'm kind of pulling for those that have been to PG, but that is just about all of them.  I would love to see Puk go first, he pretty much grew up in our building in Cedar Rapids.  We are very close to the family.  Iowa has never had a player go first overall.  It would be a pleasant surprise if that happened.