Skip to main content

Reply to "2017 College Season"

Buckeye 2015 posted:

5 days!!!!   Son found out this weekend he's the Saturday starter.  Opener Friday then he throws Saturday at Texas A & M in front of what likely will be 6000+.  Forecast says 78 and sunny.  Fortunately it's on ESPN+ so I get to see it.  Hopefully making the trip to Nashville the following weekend for some baseball and maybe a couple cold ones lol

Wow, doesn't get any better than that!  Congrats and enjoy!

I've said before here that every day of baseball at this point for college senior son is pure gravy.  That theory was tested yesterday... they finished on the wrong side of the longest regulation college baseball game I've ever witnessed (fortunately I was watching it streamed so I could tackle other tasks along the way).   Very bizarre, too.  He finished the series 0-fer but at one point, had eight straight successful AB's - four walks, three HBP's and a "move the runner" on a hit-and-run.

I figured they'd need to score a bunch of runs this year with their pitching...  maybe 6 to 8 per game.  In that game, two touchdowns left them a touchdown and FG short 

Still lovin' it.  They just need to trade for a QB.