Skip to main content

Reply to "2017 Spring High School"

Kevin A posted:
3and2Fastball posted:

It amazes me how much I see parents from our area complaining about high school Baseball on social media.  So and so isn't playing much, why did the coach do this or that, general complaints about the program.

Don't the parents realize the coaches see that stuff and it can reflect poorly on their kid?  Of course often the parents that complain the most have a kid with the range of a fire hydrant.  My wife & I are already dreading being around some of these parents and our kid is just an 8th grader.

It's going to get worse as roles become defined and spots decrease.  We don't have a freshman team.  Just JV and VS.  A majority of upper class men dominate our JV team as far as players.  Our HS took 6 freshman this year.  All those 8th graders playing ball now, depending on whether or not there is a freshman team, won't make it next year.  Even if there is a freshman team, they wont be able to take all the kids.  Once parents start feeling that kind of heat, you will see plenty of negativity coming from parents.

We also don't have a Freshman team.  JV took 10 freshman this year, to round out the 21 member JV roster!  Many of the travel ball parents started yapping....so and so is a bad seed he shouldn't have made....so and so doesn't hit half as well as MY kid why did he make it.

I'm actually friends with one of the 9th grade parents that didn't make the team, she didn't complain, but she was sad for her kid.  I told her she and her son dodged a bullet.  10 freshman, 21 games, combined 6 of those freshman saw less than 10 innings of play.  If her son was already on the bubble and had made it they would have paid so he could sit.