Skip to main content

Reply to "2017 Spring High School"

SomeBaseballDad posted:

Leading up to the start of the season I didn't know what to expect from the kid or the team. The kid had an OK HS season last year. Lowest numbers but that was a combination of pitchers throwing around him and big strike zones. Summer ball was pretty bad. Him and the coach were not a fit and I'll leave it at that. He also fell in love for the first time. Great girl, great family, hard to complain but it distracted him from baseball. As for the team we lost ten seniors, so...

So as to the team first. 4-0, 48 RS, 4 RA. Granted we haven't seen a lights out pitcher yet but still, taking care of business when they should. I don't know how long they can keep this up but for the monument it's pretty impressive to watch.

As for the kid it's his senior year. No more girlfriend, back to baseball first. I won't quote stats, but I could. What I will say is it's nice to see the confidence and command at the plate again. Umps are also being a little more reasonable in regard to balls and strikes.

A couple of games ago we played a team that had a catcher the scouts are looking at. Were 6 or 7 of them at the game (one did contact son's coach to let him know he'd be there watching the kid). First at bat the kid hit a ball that went over the fence, the right of way, the road, the front yard, and landed on a roof. One of the scouts told a local collage coach the ball went 480'. IDK if that's the case. It wasn't the longest HR the kid has hit. It was however the longest he's hit in front of people that matter. 2 for 2 with 2 HR's and 3 walks isn't a bad stat line. Whats the saying, timing is everything.

Sounds like he's off to a great start! Best wishes on continued success.