Skip to main content

Reply to "2017 Stanford Camp Dates Released"

2019DAD,

Fellow Cali family who've been to HF Jupiter, Long Island, and Sacramento.  Boys have also done the Stanford Camps.  I'm now broke...

Comment made above that HF is more D3 than D1 focused than Stanford.  I respectfully disagree.  HF has more schools overall and more high and highest academic schools than the Stanford camp.  I would say the camps had similar academic D1 schools, but HF has a deeper pool of high and highest academic D3s.  HF publishes their attending schools by camp (Stanford was there at HF too) and Coach Stotz will typically send a list of schools if you ask him for Stanford.  I encourage families to compare and contrast lists and to attend the camp(s) that best suit their player.

HF Long Island has a huge number of college coaches attending.  99% of these will be highest academic (e.g., Ivys, Patriot, Duke, Northwestern, Davidson, NESCAC, Top Centennials, et.al.) and high academic (e.g., SAA conference schools, other Centennial schools, Northeastern, Richmond, W&M, CTCL.org schools, et.al.).  Typically there will be ~100 colleges represented per session and all will be at the four contiguous fields. 

HF Sac was less attended than HF NY, but IMO, the timing is ideal for a rising Senior player to be seen in June by the schools on his list, and then again in August, i.e., my 2016 did both HF camps.

HF Jupiter is ideal, again IMO, for a high school Junior to be seen initially by his schools.  The timing in late Oct / early Nov is a little late for Seniors seeking D1, but ok for D3 bound Seniors and great for a Junior if they are ready to be seen.  HF Jupiter is also less attended than HF Long Island.