Skip to main content

Reply to "2017 Summer Ball recruiting underway...really....."

MidAtlanticDad posted:
BishopLeftiesDad posted:

Mid Atlantic Dad, Have you looked at a league like the New York Collegiate league. It is a step up from most local leagues, but plays plenty of D1, D2 and D3 players.  

Thank you, BLD. I will make sure my son takes a close look at the NYCBL teams this weekend. Sounds like it might be just what he's looking for. His HC is relatively new to the college coaching ranks, and I don't think he has much of a summer network yet. Also, good to know about the teams as opposed to the leagues.

BishopLeftiesDad, just wanted to close the loop on this topic. Thanks to your suggestion, my son contacted most of the teams in the NYCBL on his own, and wound up landing a spot with the Syracuse Spartans (their first year in the league). As far as the team and the league is concerned, I don't think he could not have had a better experience. Good baseball, great host family, and lots of ABs. Last night his team lost the deciding game of the championship, but they had a great run. I made it up there 3 times, and was pretty impressed with the level of play. Son told me that he thought most games were about the level of his D3 Regional games. I think every division of college baseball (D1/D2/D3/NAIA/JuCo) was represented in the league.

Even though my son is half way through his college playing days, this forum continues to be an invaluable resource for us. Thanks again.