Skip to main content

Reply to "2018 AZ Junior Fall Classic Report"

I came in with my 2019 RHP last year to only tryout for the Junior Academic game. He wasn't on a team.  It was a hot day and there were a lot of scouts though probably not as many as I expected. He pitched decent but the Velo wasn't high enough that day to get into the academic game.  We waited around till 2 pm and after we got the word(dissapointment) that he didn't make it , I called up SW and moved our flight up to that night. It ended up being a eye opener for him and we shut him down after that game and started the process for next year. 

This year he was focused on the Senior academic game and we came with a team so we were staying whether or not he made the game or not. 

At the tryout there was probably 4-5x as many scouts(100+) as there was at the Junior game- from all levels of college baseball .  There were less kids trying out to pitch as well- low 100's.    He pitched well and made the game . After the previous year struggles, you should of seen his face when he found out that he made the game! It was worth the whole thing...He also pitched well in the game that night in front of a lot of scouts - a surreal experience for myself(I told him that it was even better than when he had that great game as a 10 yr old on all star team) . He also pitched SAT AM before the rains came and washed out everything.  

Now it is 2 weeks later for son. we had a lot of contacts from many schools  since the Senior classic- Though many were from D3 schools some of which we hadnt heard of before scattered all over the country.  Had a few D1 reach outs and with the lateness of everything for 2019 he decided to commit to D1 that we had previously visited as he didn't want to gamble ..  It is always a gamble of sorts. 

For all the 2020's and parents that came to the Junior games this year I would surely try to focus on next year's senior games if he hasn't commited by then. There are a lot of opportunities for them if he can perform well at the tourny.

Last edited by fishnsail