Skip to main content

Reply to "2018 draft stat"

TPM posted:
2022NYC posted:
bacdorslider posted:

2018's entire social media foot print has been thoroughly and I thoroughly picked, and he had a couple of posts to remove..... BTW he decided on Vandy......  

Congrats. I am pleased to read you are actively involved with this...did your 2018 request your guidance or did you invoke your "parental authority"

backdorslider's son got a very nice offer to give up going to Vandy, but his very smart son decided that the experience he would have at Vanderbilt with Tim Corbin is worth more than money in the bank at this time. Coach Corbin not only is a Hall of Fame college coach but he and his wife also teach players real life skills. That's just awesome to have worked with such an amazing person.

If your player is in middle school or HS and wants to play baseball at the college level, and has not been watching conference playoffs or regionals, IMO there is something wrong.  Win or lose, players have exposure from national TV viewing audience they don't get in professional ball, until they MAYBE reach MLB.

Of course going to play in Omaha is a once in a lifetime experience for players and parents. Watching these players lay it all out on the field to advance is what fuels the fire for the young player to succeed. While every little boy says he wants to play MLB, every little boys dream should be to play in Omaha.

JMO

We were at our local Buffalo Wild Wings yesterday after his middle school playoff semi-finals game (10-0 shutout win btw). He was watching SC light up ARK on the screen and started flipping out, the screen was behind me so I was about to remind him of how we mean parents prefer sane kids behaving in public places. He told me to turn around and I saw all the scoring going on (quite exciting too) but could not see the score because the flat screen was so zoomed in the score box was cut off.  My better half was extremely frustrated during dinner as we barely had any conversations other that the hooting and hollering from all the Super Regional games on the screens.