Skip to main content

Reply to "2018 draft stat"

Trust In Him posted:
bacdorslider posted:
RJM posted:

I figure if you’re offered seven figures and turn it down you’re too stupid to go to college. Seven figures at eighteen is a nice head start on life. You can always head for college if baseball doesn’t work out. 

We must be stupid.

Wouldn't be the first time I was called stupid .  Stupidly speaking, even $1mil - $2 mil after TAXES not too much to celebrate.  Still a good chunk of change to live comfortably for several years with solid financial management but still need to have a backup plan.  Cannot go wrong with a degree.  Best of luck at Vandy

My point is taking the money doesn’t eliminate college and future earnings if baseball doesn’t work out. But the player gets fast tracked to the majors and has the money invested if he doesn’t waste it.

Heading for college at twenty-four with 1M+ invested isn’t a horrible deal. The last pick in the first round (43rd) walks away with about 900K after taxes. 

For a pitcher a college coach doesn’t get to torch his arm for three or four years trying to get through the post season. 

Last edited by RJM