Skip to main content

Reply to "2018 HS Baseball season"

TStevens posted:
roothog66 posted:
TStevens posted:
roothog66 posted:
cabbagedad posted:
nxt lvl posted:

Well....Sons high school career is over now. Ended late Sunday after an epic 12 inning game! Third game in the championship series. Winner take all game. What a ride!! Almost four hours of drama. We had the game won four different times in extra innings. Also we were up by two going into the seventh and gave up a three run homer and had to come back in the bottom of the seventh just to send it into extras. Came close to winning it there but stranded my son on third base.

A very dramatic game that included a bases loaded potentially series winning grounder that went through between the drawn-in second and first basemen to win the game but only to have the ball bounce off the runners leg to kill the play and suck the momentum out of everyone after the umpires cleared the field of celebrating players and fans.

We win it with a walk off home run from the same kid who got hit in the leg,in the twelfth, for the fifth straight championship and my sons third ring!! What a ride!!

Cant wait to see the next episode.....

Wow.  Not sure how you go forward with a baseball career and top that.  Wish you could post the last pitch of that one like Root did... we could just put up those two clips for those that come on and profess that HS baseball doesn't mean anything any more and isn't competitive. 

Congrats !!

Yep. Seeing my kid break into tears when it was mentioned that was his last home at bat...can't tell me HS ball doesn't mean anything anymore.

So your son goes to Lamar? My son plays at Mountain Vista. small world. Good luck to you guys

Wow. Yeah, and I coach with Scott Boyd in the summers for the Yard Dawgs. 3A sort of get ignored in Colorado, but - if I can brag for a minute - he gets a mention on this show (at about the 7:45 mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...amp;feature=youtu.be

We knocked out Legend in the regionals. A few Yard Dog alums onVista Team. My son is a year younger than Grant so "blocked" in a manner of speaking.

Only as a catcher. Grant caught Dalton in a bullpen when he threw for the Hawaii coach last year. Nice kid.