Skip to main content

Reply to "2018 HS Baseball season"

cabbagedad posted:

Well, our turn for it to end last night...

They reached a huge goal of winning league.  The other goal of a deep playoff run in the gauntlet of the very large and very competitive California Southern Section ended abruptly with an extra inning 2-1 loss at home in front of a big crowd.  We had turned momentum in our favor late and then it was suddenly over.  

There is something special and at the same time very painful about the end coming at home.  The boys got to hang around the field afterward and sort of process it all.  Several seniors sitting out on the grass for the last time, lots of crying and hugging.  I guess that means it really is special.  I've been through it far too often... I should be able to handle it by now.  I didn't.  Great group of now-young-men.  Great year.

Still drained and "eye allergies kicking in" again as I type this. 

Hey Cabbagedad, I feel your pain.  Brings back painful memories also.  CA So Section also, lost ours bottom 7th, score tied (we were visitors) runner on 2nd, base hit , runner rounds 3rd trying to score. Our outfielder (D1 bound), error free entire year, made an error, game over.  Wasn't our day in the eyes of the baseball gods.  Oh, and btw, you would think there would be allergy meds for college seasons and beyond but my allergies still kick up!  Great you enjoyed the ride up until the last game.