Skip to main content

Reply to "2018 HS Baseball season"

old_school posted:
roothog66 posted:

Our season isn't over yet! Double elimination state tourney started Friday. We won the first game, lost, and then won our elimination game to move on to the Final Four Friday and Saturday. My 2018 pitched the first game and struck out a career high 19 in 6.1 ip. The closer came in and struck out 2, so all 21 outs were by strikeout. I can't remember ever seeing that. Dalton did give up 2 hits, both to the same batter. So that guy is 2-for-3 against Dalton and everyone else is 1-for-139. He has one more high school start. Can't believe how fast it has all gone by. He's having a record year. 47 ip, 3 hits allowed, 114 K's vs. 25 BB's and a 0.30 era, which will beat out Scott Elarton's school record if he can avoid an earned run in that final game. Below is an edited video of all his pitches in the game. He did give up four unearned runs when our left fielder allowed a single to get past him for a two base error, Dalton walked a kid who stole second and we intentionally walked their 3-hole hitter to load the bases. After striking out the next batter, a kid lays down a hard bunt and F5 ignores the force at home and launches a throw into right field for a three base, three run error. Then Dalton wp that kid home. Luckily, we scored enough and no one reached scoring position for them after that.

the real question is how did the team he is playing against make the playoffs?

I completely agree with you.