Skip to main content

Reply to "2018 Pounding the Pavement..."

I can relate with you and your son in the stress, anxiety and non-interest with colleges. My son was in a similar position with the exception that a couple of colleges showed interest the summer before his Sr HS year began.  As above have mentioned cast a wide net and keep at it.  With son's consent maybe handle some of the direct correspondences with coaches to ease his burden.  The D1 school that my son accepted a scholarship at actually saw him a few times over a 2 year span.  The last time they saw him within a few weeks they presented an offer.  The HC in an interview said something "clicked" the last time he saw him and was surprised little offers.  Moral of story is keep at it, work hard, give 110%. good grades, etc and hopefully it will "click".  Hard to swallow if only few offers, (like D1, etc) maybe saying talent may not be there for what they are looking for.  A few good HS players who gave verbals before my son at D1 schools ended up redshirting, or received little if any playing time.  All eventually left the following year.  You go to a P5 or other great baseball program there is a bigger chance others will be better.  Find the program that has good education and a baseball program where he can compete.  Until you know his ability at the college level, consider the scholarship as a way to get a good education at a discounted price.  That way you will always come out a winner.  Good luck!

Last edited by Trust In Him