Skip to main content

Reply to "2018 Pounding the Pavement..."

I agree with the sentiment of others and will try not to beat a dead horse too much.  I will say this happens to way more players than folks realize... good players, capable of playing at some college level, taking all the right steps, good students, etc., etc..... just not quite good enough to convince a college coach that he will be the sure bet contributor that warrants offering some of the program's precious scholy $ - more so than others he has seen.

As far as advice (considering the late-hour scenario) - I will offer this slightly different slant...  Start low.  Start contacting schools that, from a baseball standpoint, should be no-brainers as far as the player being able to contribute.  See what kind of response he gets.  He may be surprised to find a place he really likes and a place that really likes him.  This will, at the least, give him that decent "plan B".  From there, he can explore other options with some of the anxiety lifted, knowing he has a fall-back.  If he STILL doesn't get any love from those sure bet schools, you know there are other issues to figure out.  

Also, are you getting TRULY unbiased and qualified evaluations of schools he should be targeting?  Sometimes, when you find these guys, it's a double-bonus.  Not only will they steer you to the right level but often they know of a specific program or two that may be a fit.

BTW, if he has a recruiting video, I'd be glad to take a look via PM.  I'll give you an unbiased.

Last edited by cabbagedad