Skip to main content

Reply to "2018 WWBA Underclass World Championship"

Chico Escuela posted:
CTbballDad posted:

You better tell the coach that colleges asked for when your son pitching and get a commitment that he will.  If not, leave that organization immediately!!

I assume he'll pitch.  But probably as a reliever (he is usually a starter), which of course makes it hard to predict which game.  I'm not happy about it, but it's hard to complain too much...  My son has a "top 1000" PG rank, but he has walked far too many batters this fall (also has recorded a lot of Ks and not many hits... but a lot of walks). Clubs promote themselves in large part by doing well at these big events.  I'm not happy, but not exactly angry either.  It's how the travel baseball world works.  

I've always liked your posts, so I want to be as helpful as possible.  I don't agree that's how travel baseball works, or should work.  I agree there are many teams/organizations that have their owns interests at heart, not necessarily the players.  They pick up players for big tourneys, so they can win and boast of their trophies. I've been in those and gladly walked away before it was too late.

If you're paying for a team that is going to suppress your son, rather than promote him, find one that will.