Skip to main content

2019 C/Utility out of England

I have little to no context of skill or coaching as a player in the United Kingdom, as the baseball infrastructure here is severely lacking. I'm 6'0, 175lb, with a hand-timed record pop time of 2.05. I try and self-coach as much as possible when practices are few and far between, emulating players on Instagram and YouTube. I've played international baseball with Team GB, which is probably at the same level as US high school, and I have a career average in those tournaments of .445. I will be attending the Swarthmore College prospect camp, as well as the Headfirst Honor Roll camp this summer.

I'm aiming for Ivy League D1 or high academic D3, as I have a 33 ACT and am in the top 5% of students in my year at a highly selective school in North London, with a lot of extracurriculars. My question is quite broad -- how do I stack up against others in my class? What improvements do I need to make to compete at a high level against those in the United States?

A Google Drive folder with video of throws to second, receiving and blocking: https://drive.google.com/open?...kCDIWUvKnzGNh2ow8cRw

Original Post