Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 C/Utility out of England"

Ben, if you do send video try to make a really tight edit with nothing but simulated game reps and/or game action focused on you.  A recruiting video should be 2-3 minutes, top.   I tried watching some of your videos but honestly there wasn't enough going on.  Your situation is a challenge but if you could shoot on ball field not a soccer pitch that would be good.

You're doing the right thing going to Head First.  Don't know about the Swarthmore camp, but it's a great school, so why not, especially if other schools will be there.

It's going to be hard for folks here to tell you if you're a legit D1 or D3 prospect based on what you've said and shown. But you'll know once you're done at HF -- if you go there and impress coaches, you'll get lots of interest, especially with your ACT and grades.  While I don't know how much impact being an international student will have on your chances,  you should have an excellent chance of getting into most schools without any help from the baseball coach, and that could make you a valuable recruit -- if they like what they see at the camps.

To be frank, by summer D1/Ivy is a really long shot for a 2019 unless he's an absolute stud, so I'd be thinking more about D3 if baseball is a primary goal. But if going to an Ivy is more important, then you certainly could apply and try to walk on if you get in.  But you should go in understanding that most walk-ons get cut.  And good, recruited players can and do get cut, even at D3 colleges.

BTW -- since you're a 2019 you could see about improving that ACT. Obviously 34 is crazy good, but if you could get up to 35 or even 36 you would have an even better chance of getting into any school you like.