Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 C/Utility out of England"

Ben, no one has said this yet so I'm going to give you some advice I've seen given on this site many times:  focus on picking a school that best fits your academic and career/life goals. As a high academic kid who has his major selected already, you need to focus on finding the school that best fits your academic/career goals. I would strongly caution you not to lower your academic standards in order to play college baseball. If you can attend an Ivy or other prestigious academic school and not play baseball, do it. An Ivy League school is a life changer because it will open doors to opportunities for the rest of your life. 

All that being said, I hope your academic goals and baseball goals coincide. You mentioned that you have not worked with a private coach, but they are available. You should do that immediately. Many HS players here work with private coaches. You'll want an instructor for catching and hitting (may be the same person or may be 2 different instructors). Good luck to you!