Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 College Baseball Participation Demographics - Ohio"

anotherparent posted:

I love data!  I saw some interesting things - % of seniors/college players was quite different from state to state, for example, so was % in jucos.  I was interested to know what you think we should all be taking from this data, so thanks for your answer.

I love the keepplayingbaseball blogs, those are really useful references.

What I meant by cluttering is that all these posts are bumping others out of the topics bar.  But it's all good.

Now I understand.  Maybe it would be best to publish a region per week (on a Saturday or Sunday).

Let me know if that makes some sense.

With respects to what what individual should be taking from the data.

In my humble opinion,  this information can initially be used to level set expectations of travel team,student-athlete and parent.  Note, review a 3 to 4 year pattern of Player distribution.

Note, the free version allows you to get some high level numbers, but we can also answer the same question at the position level.

E.g

How many pitchers (RHP, P, LHP) from state XX are playing NCAA-D1?  Thus now a user can pinpoint demographics at a skill position level.

Note, there are many possible questions that one can ask, we are thinking about new things every day.  Upon receiving feedback from stakeholders the objective is to insure you are comfortable with your college selection.  You've answered all the questions or have a good idea as to what to look for when on the recruiting journey. 

As Denzel Washington said in the play "Fences"  Sometimes you have to take a straight line crooked.  Hopefully it is not too crooked.

Regards.