Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 College Baseball Participation Demographics - Ohio"

cabbagedad posted:

Thanks for posting these, CBI.

I'm intrigued by the "country map" charts in particular and think it's one of the most telling visuals and helpful tools I've seen yet for someone in the recruiting process.  It may not have helped us so much since California seems to be the only state (so far) where there are significant numbers heading out beyond the "neighboring states" radius.  But, boy, if I lived in any of the other states posted so far, I would be paying serious attention to this.

Of course, I suspect FL, GA, TX may be a bit different, and maybe the Carolina's and Virginia.  Keep 'em coming.  Maybe to Anotherparent's point, you can lump some states in one post?  I really don't know all the pro's and con's one way or the other as far as searchability, band width, etc.  You probably have good reason for doing it the way you are.

cabbagedad,

I was trying to logically provide some context based on the state perspective

Distribution by State

Distribution by Division

Distribution by Conference (Top 10)

Distribution by Position

National Federation of High Schools (4 yrs of participation)

If I were to consolidate into one post it might get lost in translation.

For example:

As a parent, I would initially just care about my state (NJ), but then if you don't think about some neighboring state, e.g PA, NY, MD, DE. you might be in a world of hurt.

Note, if I would have known some of the stuff that I knew now, I would have sent my son to the PSAC (NCAA-D2) probably Westchester, we were doing our physical training close by.  The school provided interns to the physical therapist that we had used since 8th grade. The same physical therapist the was provide proactive training so my son would be ready for the season.

I'm going to stagger the post, I will just need to determine the timeliness of publish said data to help the students-athletes and parents see the big picture.

Work in progress.

Thanks for the feedback.