Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 College Baseball Season"

rynoattack posted:
57special posted:
rynoattack posted:

So Ryno had a pretty good start.  5 1/3 ip, 9 hits, 1 bb, 1 k, 3 r, 2 er, took the loss.  He pitched against a very good Southern Miss team, and he held them scoreless through 5.  Since it was his first start of the year, I was hoping he'd get pulled after 5. 5 scoreless would have been great.

Anyhow, half of the hits were infield hits.  He sawed off the preseason all American, clean-up hitter, but unfortunately, he got a swinging bunt single.  He thought he pitched well, but his out pitch just couldn't put guys away on Saturday.  S. Miss just kept battling and putting the ball in play.  Coach Waz says the S. Miss 1 - 5 in their line-up is as good as any line-up they'll face all year, so I am hoping he is right.  

So in the 6th, Ryno gets the first guy out, and then the next guy hits a nice single. Then, the next batter hit a rocket that hits Ryan right in the hip.  He said he didn't even see it. Now, there is 1 out and 2 on.  Next guy gets a hit, and there is an error on the throw back in.  Score is now 2 - 2 with a guy on 2nd.  New pitcher strikes out the next guy, but gives up a hit, and the runner scores.  They end up tacking on another run, so the final was 4 - 2.  

Purdue did get swept, but they really competed against a good team, I believe they are going to be a better team for this extremely tough early schedule.

I think Ryan's start looks even better after S. Miss dropped 16 on Purdue Sunday...

HS teammate of my son is going to SM. He only had one AB during the series, but doubled and scored a run. The kid can hit.

They have a great group of hitters there.  Ryno was a little disappointed in his out pitch. He said he'll work on that, and hope to put more guys away this weekend at UT.

It's REALLY early. He'll figure it out.