Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 College Baseball Season"

coachld posted:

My son also had his first college experience this past weekend, closing out a lopsided game against ND. Gave up 2 hits, 0 BB, 0 ER, and finished the game with a K. What an amazing experience to be standing up with those who remained and cheering him on to finish the game. He has come a long way and a feel good story for HS pitchers who struggle. As frosh playing on soph team, he could throw hard but finished the season with a 17.00 ERA, worst on the team. He did play a bunch as position player but his arm was what was going to provide him an opportunity to play at next level. Fortunately he got better but was still told by many that he was not ready for 4-year baseball and should go JUCO route. He was literally ready to commit to Iowa W. when we met a high-level PC who saw potential and started working with him late summer before senior year. 2 months later he had opportunity to throw for 2 P5 programs with both showing interest but only 1 willing to offer roster spot right away. Thankfully they saw potential and were willing to give him a shot to develop. I have zero expectations at this point and just enjoying the hell out of watching him being a part of it all!

ASU showed up this weekend. Might be the break out year Smith needs. Luke should get innings. I mean, you guys only have, what, 25 on the roster this year?