Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 commitment"

BBall Dad2001 posted:

Thanks for the reply. They offered him a guaranteed roster spot. We were very late in the recruiting game and had a bunch of NAIA and JUCO colleges in Arizona giving him both athletic and academic money but his dream was to play D1. He verbally committed a couple of weeks ago and was curious as to if we made the right choice or should he with go back to schools with better offers or wait and see how his senior season goes. I believe he will compete for playing and has a good shot at playing D1. The coach said that he knows he can hit and play 1B, to have a better shot at earning a spot in the lineup he should learn the OF. He has been doing a great job in fall ball learning the OF. Thanks again for your reply. 

Guaranteed roster spot shows a decent degree of commitment from the coach, as good as it gets in regards to preferred walk on.  Agree with Pitchingfan that second guessing is not a good thing and I was reluctant to respond, thus the questions.  I also agree with him that  nobody really has a guaranteed spot.   Your son should latch on to the opportunity and work his butt off to prove the coach's words right, and more importantly, drive his dream to reality.  

Congratulations to him and best of luck!