Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 commitment"

10/4 Buckeye my bad!

I get so aggravated and I probably should just ignore it because it honestly doesn't matter but there is a huge % in the baseball community that believe it. Like you mentioned Vandy, fair enough I agree. Nobody believes these kids who are studs are going there getting the 25% min divided by 25 kids...and nobody believe that the ones who aren't getting baseball money aren't getting ridiculous amounts of "academic money" over and beyond reasonable. Don't get me wrong, I am actually on board with it, if was a coach I would want it as well and work damn hard to find the right people at my school to facilitate it!!

Again I gave the example of it higher up in this thread where I have a family member who benefited from it in another sport, I know for certain that is as true as any of us are here typing! I know for a fact it also happens at the D3 level so it sure as a heck is going on all over the place.

Does anyone really believe that the top 50 70 schools can fill rosters up of 35 with 11.7 and no other support from the school? In schools that have boosters who care and they spend millions on the facilities...it just isn't reasonable but yet many smart honest good intentioned people either believe it or are just lying to themselves because they want to believe it.

ok end rant! have a great night.