Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 Grad"

OK, so he definitely has some tools... we don't know how well he hits against better pitching and don't know what his academic aspirations are.  So, you and he will need to factor those things in as well as budget, college environment, etc.  At this late hour, obviously, there needs to be a quick scramble and he will likely need to lean heavily on those travel/summer and HS coaches who hopefully have some relationships with some of the schools where he may be a fit.  Also, if the talks with the JC's were positive, that may be the most likely option if he is determined to continue playing baseball into college.  I would caution, however... no sense in spending college tuition money so that he can have a chance to play three or four more years of baseball.  Make sure the college choice makes sense for his career objectives.  There are other baseball options.  Many of the bigger schools have club programs, some pretty darn good.  There are also men's leagues with teams that would love to have a young speedy CF who can steal bases.  Both of those options require a heck of a lot less time commitment and the former allows the young man to have the full "college experience".

He is definitely not alone in being in this situation this late in the game.  Things can still happen but he must be very proactive in making them happen.  

We left out a glaring question... does he have a recruiting video?  If he has that, you can PM me along with his other stats and what level his HS played.  I can try to advise further with that info.  If you are comfortable sharing that on the public forum here, you will get more feedback from others.

Last edited by cabbagedad