Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 HS Baseball Season"

russinfortworth posted:
meads posted:

My boy is currently trying out for his Freshman team and cuts were supposed to be announced last night...(oh my nerves, LOL) well they have been extended to Saturday. My son said the coach needs to see more!

You've been saying that the coach requested that your son go to showcases, that he performed well at the showcase....................and you're worried about your son making the freshman team?  Must be a pretty powerhouse program.

I do worry because nothing is a guarantee. The community we live in is very political and wealthy and last year I saw a kid who was very slow and not very motivated make the freshman team as an 8th grader when my son did not, only to find out later that kid's parents donate a lot of money to the boosters - now that being said...I would like to think that a coach, like the one we have, would choose kids who will win titles for the school and not just bring in money, but money helps programs grow and besides, maybe the coach saw something in that boy that we did not see  So, even though this coach has been working with my son, having him practice with the varsity boys, invited him to the showcase, I still told my son to work his hardest and take nothing for granted.