Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 HS Baseball Season"

Francis7 posted:

I think my freshman son got his answer today.

After tryouts, he was told to be prepared to play anywhere. But, he always ended up with the varsity kids. That was a good sign...but, you never assume anything.

Today, they handed out uniforms. Coach told the kids that some would be going back and forth between JV and Varsity...so, be sure to take one of each uniform.

My son took a varsity uniform. And, when he went to get a JV one, the coach said "What are you doing? Sit back down."

Pretty cool.

HS season just ended.

It was 80 days, 23 games (over 7 weeks) and around 45 practices (give or take). Very proud of my kid’s season. He was just the 3rd freshman to make the opening day varsity roster at our HS in the last 7 years. He was a starter in 21 of their 23 games and caught 81% of the 150 innings that varsity played this season. He hit 2 home runs this spring – making him the only varsity player to hit more than one. And, he had an On Base Average of .403 in 62 varsity Plate Appearances. More importantly, he set a goal last fall and worked extremely hard, made sacrifices, stayed focused and turned it into a reality this spring. All the credit goes to him. It’s his talent, drive and effort that made it happen.

It exceeded all my expectations of his HS season as a freshmen and was a pleasure to watch.