Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 prospect getting anxious without solid offers yet"

JohnnyBaseballog,

Thanks for posting.  So, I think your son's sights and your expectations maybe a little high based on your post.  Most top 30 D1 programs have speedier centerfielders (sub 6.5) , so it may be that they did not look at him in that context.   Your son may be a better fit somewhere other than a top 30 D1 program.   Where, I don't know.  But I think you and your son need to target some more appropriate schools as ILVBB suggests.  I would not "chill out", I would get on this immediately.   You get one shot to be a recruited college baseball player out of high school.   I would not wait but rather develop a plan that fits athletics, academic and financial requirements.   It is a lot of hard work.

One sentence that did catch my eye was your son's 1210 SAT.   This has the possibility to catch many higher academic schools coaches eyes, but you have to bring this to their attention.  They may be looking for someone like your son.   If your son can improve that SAT score on his second try, then he may be able to get even more attention among some elite high academic schools.  Again, this is something you have to want, develop a strategy for and then execute the plan.

Good luck and let us know if we can help!