Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 prospect getting anxious without solid offers yet"

JohnnyBaseballOG posted:

Really appreciate all the feedback I've received. Should have mentioned we have done the NCSA recruiting site, my son's contacted a ton of coaches, even has some of their personal phone numbers. What I'm gathering from all of you so far is that yes we do need to act and narrow down a realistic list, and that unless the 60 time goes sub-7.00, the top schools won't be looking at him as a CF, right?

Again, this has been so helpful so thanks for all of your time, and would love to hear more!

Your son needs to get way below a 6.9 sixty to play centerfield at a D1. The top thirty program boat has probably sailed. Except for coming up with an open roster spot due to the draft (recruit signing rather than going to college) there probably won’t be any spots. He also needs to decide if he’s an outfielder or a pitcher. Few players do both in college. It’s a lot of work. 

87 is an adequate velocity for a mid major. 6.8 could probably put him in a corner outfield position. Don’t rule out top D2’s and D3’s. The objective is to get into an opportunity to get on the field and have a positive college baseball experience. 

Your son isnt late to focus on mid major to D3. But it’s time to figure out the game plan for the summer to get in front of the right schools.