Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 prospect getting anxious without solid offers yet"

Buckeye 2015 posted:
Gov posted:
adbono posted:

Agree with all of the above. If I were in your shoes I would pursue A10, Patriot League and Colonial Athletic Conference schools.   I would also develop a plan for high academic D3 schools.  Look into a company called Play to Win if you decide to focus on D3 academic schools. Try to get an invite to Area Code tryouts in your area. This will require the endorsement of a MLB scout so figure out how to make that connection. Above all you need someone with credibility in the baseball world to endorse your son. It can be a scout, a coach, or an instructor. Your job is too figure out who that is based on your own personal baseball network.

First time I've heard of "Play to Win"...

Me too....just checked it out....no fee listing....which tells me it's going to be pricey.  There's nothing that any recruiting/scouting service can do for you that you can't do for ALOT less money and get just as much or better results. 

I would normally agree with that statement, but in this case I don’t. Play to Win is a little pricey, but they can do things that you can’t. Or maybe I should say, they are more effective with the things they do than you will be. I have seen the results myself.  If high academic D3 is your target, and spending a few grand is not a problem, they are a good bet to get you where you want to go.  Assuming you can play, and have the requisite academic track record.