Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 prospect trying to finalize summer schedule"

At this point a good portion of D1 commitments are filled. There is space available. But be careful not to be the non scholarship insurance policy for a position. Keep in mind a lot of faster with power shortstops will be moved to third in college. 

At this point I wouldn’t throw spaghetti off the wall to see what sticks. I would have a very targeted strategy. Where do I want to play? Does my high school or travel coach know that college’s coach so he can promote me before I’m seen. 

You mentioned the west coast and Texas. Those areas have more D1 prospects than D1 roster spots. A player typically has to be a stud to be from out of the area and play there. A lot of very good players on the west coast and Texas have to go outside the area to play D1. There is a poster on this board whose son will be an out of stater playing in the Big West who didn’t receive an offer until post junior summer. 

There’s nothing wrong with playing at a ranked D3. In the end when it’s all over you want to be able to say you had a quality baseball experience. A really good player can sometimes play both ways in D3. 

Good luck.

Last edited by RJM