Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 Summer (after freshman year) for 2022"

I'll go on record as saying I'm a bit of a travel ball skeptic, as many of them are just businesses where people want to make money off of you.  If you're going to go that route, be sure to have one where your kid's best interests are at heart.

My kid played travel from 11-13 to get more reps to supplement Little League.  At 13U he won the pitcher of the year for his team, but when prices went from $2300 to $3500 for 14U, we walked.  He then played Legion after his Frosh/Soph years.  He was not yet physically mature enough yet to catch the eye of colleges, so I figured he wasn't losing out in any way.

We did return to travel this year, but run by college coaches, low cost, main goal to get the kids to play at the next level.  It all worked out to plan.  Have many friend's who are the "business" teams and very frustrated and depressed at the lack of attention from colleges. 

Not arguing against 3and2, but my son got invited/attended PBR Futures last year and invited/did not attend ACT, while not on a paid travel team.