Skip to main content

Reply to "2019 To Showcase or not to Showcase"

Let's distinguish between exposure-oriented events that will enhance his competitive level and recruiting objectives, on the one hand, and true showcases/camps, that test tools and get him evaluated by whoever's running those shows, on the other.

He should be doing the former.  He has no need for the latter, and I would suggest you save your money.

I would suggest that you're describing a player who could qualify for PG's Junior National Showcase in June 2017.  If he can get into that, he may never have to do another showcase.  (That justifies the travel expense you'll incur.)  This event plus playing high level travel/exposure/recruiting events will be all he needs.

If he can't get into that showcase, then at that point you can survey whether showcasing would become a helpful component of his plan or not.  Meaning, it can wait.

Also, I don't recommend college camps unless you have your heart set on a school, or the school is close to the decision point and needs to see you up close and personal.