Skip to main content

Reply to "Funny Stuff"

I'm sorry but I have to speak up and defend the OP. He asked for some advice--are his METRICS decent enough to show something at a showcase?  Since he first posted he has received at least a few responses questioning his both his reported metrics and whether he can even play baseball.

Give him a break and assume he can play! Why else would he ask for advice? Clearly he believes he can play the game so asking him whether he can play is simply insulting.

As far as questioning metrics--he weighs 200 lbs.  That's adult weight so I sure hope he can hit 93 off a tee with wood.  If he can't he needs to be on a strength program because sheer weight alone gives him an exit velocity advantage over most 15/16 year olds. Just look at any PG results and you will find most kids that hit 90 or above weigh much more than the average player which is why I'm not all that impressed with 90+ off a tee when you are already adult-sized. I'm only impressed with players that weigh much less and generate the same velocity as those who weigh 200+.

Yes, 75 OF velocity is low but there currently are some 2020 D1 commits who throw under 80.  Not sure what the plans are for OF's with no arm but, hey, they are committed so someone must see something in them! So I believe OF throwing velocity is one area that needs a lot of improvement but a 93 exit velocity is something worth showing, especially if you can back it up and hit well at the showcase (both BP and games). Scouts do like adult-sized prospects.

As far as 10 yard time--very good but there are lots of players who are quick off the block but don't finish as fast. And lots of players that are slow at 10 yards and finish sub 7.  I'd say that a good 60 time is important for an outfield (actually, everyone). If not under 7 then work on it! But I will also say there currently are MANY 2020 committed  OF's who are not sub 7 60 runners.  Go figure.

PG has a lot of data out there freely available to all; I would suggest that the OP (and those that question his metrics) take a deep dive and study it themselves.