Skip to main content

Reply to "Funny Stuff"

GaryMe posted:
TheJR30 posted:
PitchingFan posted:
TheJR30 posted:
GaryMe posted:

Can you play baseball? All the metrics in the world are wonderful, but if you don't know how to play the game they are useless and basically a carnival trick.

na bro i cant play no baseball and i suck... was that the answer you were looking for lol

Please don't post your real name or any relevant info on here.  The guys on this board, even those I disagree with some times, are here to help.  You just barked when you should have been answering.  You are too young to get on a baseball board and be a jerk.  He was asking if you can play the game which means give us some stats on your high school team, showcase team.  Where do you play?  All the numbers that you have given can apply to a bench warmer if he can't hit a real pitch or field a ball.  Take it down a notch and learn some respect for the game and the people who you asked for advice. 

Sorry to be the voice of reason but you came here and asked.  GaryMe does not always use the best tactics but his point is real.  Can you play baseball?

Thanks for the advice mom ... the thread died seven months ago so i go the info i needed. Didnt need someone criticizing my skills. Nonetheless I played JV baseball and batted a fair .165 out of 60 at bats. Anything else I should be aware of??

Sweet, bro. Go hit every showcase you can. Is that what you want to hear?

You are either being a smart ass with your response to PitchingFan or your stats are telling me you should not showcase. If your goal is to go to showcase a staggering exit velo, go hit every darn showcase you can. If your goal is to get recruited to play baseball, I would recommend based on your stats and the level of play you reported to have experience (JV baseball and hitting .165 with 60 ABs) that it would be a better investment of your time to work on your swing, because as I stated, if you can't play the game, that exit velo is a novelty, at best.

Good luck to you, son

Yes, .165 is concerning but as many have noted HS stats mean little and nobody up the food chain pays attention to them.

Here's a interesting anecdotal example that will always give me a kick:  In 2016, my son, then a HS Junior, batted .453.  One of his teammates, a very talented Senior, batted .326.   My son is currently a sophomore player at a HA D3 school.

His teammate, now a P5 Junior, is projected to be drafted in the first round of the 2019 MLB draft.