Skip to main content

Reply to "2020 High School Baseball Season"

Senna posted:
hshuler posted:
Senna posted:

Meanwhile, in Georgia.... ☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️

😔

The rain in Georgia has been unreal but fortunately, son’s team has been able to get all four games in. 

3-1 after a tough loss last night. Next game Saturday followed by three in SoCal next Friday and Saturday. 

Saw that walkoff. Definitely didn’t see that coming. 

3-1 for V here as well. Son had been dressing V to catch pens while waiting for a JV game to actually take place. 

We’ll have to arrange to meet when we play in April.  Good luck in SoCal. 

It happens. Couldn’t catch a break.😂

Thanks and same to your son and team! Let’s definitely arrange an introduction in April.

LousyLefty posted:
hshuler posted:
Senna posted:

Meanwhile, in Georgia.... ☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️

😔

The rain in Georgia has been unreal but fortunately, son’s team has been able to get all four games in. 

3-1 after a tough loss last night. Next game Saturday followed by three in SoCal next Friday and Saturday. 

Ha! I saw a school name I didn't recognize come through my gamechanger feed.  I'm guessing it's your son's school. Only saw one game, but it's against a school just down the road, Lefty has several friends on that team.  Boys are going to be lucky.  Next weekend is supposed to be 80 and partly cloudy.  Perfect baseball weather.  

You have no idea how much it’s rained in GA. In fact, because the kids haven’t been able to practice on the field in weeks, they had a light practice after today’s game.

RJM posted:
anotherparent posted:
hshuler posted:

SoCal?  Do you mean they go to California?  From Georgia?

My son's team never travelled anywhere like that, I'm always amazed when I read about such things on here.

Our state had a rule if teams traveled out of state for a tournament it only counted as one event/game. So instead of being locked in to 22 games four or five games at Myrtle Beach counted as one game. 

Technically, it’s not a tournament. GA high schools get to schedule 30 regular season games.

anotherparent posted:
hshuler posted:

SoCal?  Do you mean they go to California?  From Georgia?

My son's team never travelled anywhere like that, I'm always amazed when I read about such things on here.

Yes. The program takes and out of state trip every year. This year it’s SoCal and Cary, NC.