Skip to main content

Reply to "2020 High School Baseball Season"

baseballhs posted:

It’s more about conversation. I think my kid will be fine, he’s a top 100 player. His options however, are definitely different due to this. I’m speaking as a whole.  We have a lot of friends with hs seniors obviously and I think they and the 2021s and 2022 get the brunt.  As I said, it is what it is.  I know if I had a college freshman-junior, I would see how this could be good.  Frustrating but not really losing much.

It sounds like your kid will be fine! And I am glad. Mine is a Jr.  Believe me it’s not good. Most of his teammates that are Sr will not be returning (probably all). As a Jr, he has a special relationship with the Sr class. That has been disrupted. He is missing out on the sheer joy of the brotherhood of their last season, which they will never get to have together. It’s difficult to explain. Hopefully one day your son will be able to explain it to in a better way than I am doing right now. 

Another thing. Jrs and the draft. Some of them, the non blue chippers, which may have been chosen, won’t be. They’ll be a year older next year. If they do get chosen next year, they’ll have less time in the system to make an impact. I could go on and on. But I won’t. It sucks for almost all involved.