Skip to main content

Reply to "2020 High School Baseball Season"

Senna posted:

Followup on earlier post: GHSA has now cancelled all sports for 2019-2020 school year. They remain optimistic but concerned about summer and fall, but no practices or activities until further notice.

So at this point, 2022 looks to the summer. He's lifting 5x week, hitting 5x week, and getting catcher work in 3x week at this point. I'll be honest, I'd love to see him shut down his arm for a month, if possible, just for some rest. But not sure that's prudent at this point.

Is your son working out with someone else?  I initially suggested that my son see if his HS team's catcher wanted to go to park and do some throwing.  (I figured my son could take some throws at second to help the C out, too.)  But the authorities recently closed all the tennis courts in my county, because they decided it was a bad idea to have people each using their hands to grab the same ball.  That, plus a general lockdown order that discourages non-essential travel has convinced me my earlier plan won't really work.