Skip to main content

Reply to "2020 High School Baseball Season"

@22and25 posted:

You guys are fortunate to play in some great HS baseball districts but elite level highschool teams are not the same as elite level summer teams.  Simply because the elite summer teams are made up entirely of those one or two D1 commits on any given HS team.  There are 2021 and 2022 summer teams, regional teams just in the DFW area, that would smack any high school team in the state.  Now condense that down and take the top one or two kids from those regional powerhouse teams and put them on a summer national team.  

Here are a couple of my son’s summer teams (for reference to my opinion) and where the players committed, but I disagree that they would “smack any high school in state” for a couple of reasons.  1. The high school teams actually play as a team.  2. Some of these committed kids were 4A and below and dominated at that level and then struggled greatly in summer ball when the competition actually got stronger for them.  For my son, most of the time (not always) the competition in the summer actually went down.  Again, just my opinion.

Last edited by DBAT-DFW