Skip to main content

Reply to "2020 Labrum Surgery Arm Injury"

Dallas2020 posted:
Branson Baseball posted:

Has your son tried stem cell or PRP injections or just physical therapy and rest?

There’s a few of us with sons who definitively had labrum tears who did injections instead of surgery. They recovered much faster. My RHP son was throwing again in 6 weeks following injections and six weeks of PT. 

Our experience was so positive I’m going down that path too. I have a SLAP tear and will be doing injections in January. 

No, just did R & R. They didn’t present PRP as an option but we are not familiar with that but will ask. Being treated by Doc in Fort Worth who handles a lot of throwing injuries. 

PRP's would be in conjunction with stem cell injection(s). Son had a prp, stem cell, followed by another prp over the course of 6-8 weeks.  Dr James Andrews performed procedures in 2015. Sons' shoulder has been perfect 4 yrs now. 

is Meister your Surgeon? or Conway?Both excellent.

However, if it's possible to NOT go under a knife, it would be better for your son. Recovery would be 6-8mo, no post-op drugs, newest methodology, & gaining acceptance within pro ranks.

Last edited by baseballmom