Skip to main content

Reply to "2020 late bloomer"

He has not played much travel in high school. He played for a team this summer but exposure and coaching left a lot to be desired. He hasn’t had much exposure at all for a couple reasons. 1) the league he plays in being homeschooled doesn’t draw any attention. 2) he hasn’t played travel in high school except this past summer and they’re may have been a coach or two at some of the games...  3) he hasn’t showcased or camped due to not really having anything spectacular to show. He just now feels he is starting to have something to show but it is sooo late in the game. 

He has stated he is fine with staying close to home or going far away. I get the feeling from him that he would prefer the big campus life but says small is fine. Playing ball trumps all. But playing ball at a larger, D1 type school is what he wants. Not that he won’t accept playing at a smaller school, it’s just not his first love. 

ive always felt like he had way more potential than what we have seen on the field, and now that he’s starting to realize that, he believes it even more. He has the size, body type, speed and athleticism to be a player somewhere. We just don’t know where. I understand people here wanting to curb our expectations. And I don’t disagree with many things said. But for him to come out of nowhere to throw 85-87 repeatedly when he just now started with a good instructor, just started a long toss routine, band work etc...  has us confident he has more. I know he may not. But I and others 100% believe he does. 
thanks to all for your input. I’ve been following but haven’t had time to respond due to this crazy shift work schedule of mine. 
mom sure there’s lots of questions I haven’t answered. I will try to look back and address them as I can.