Skip to main content

Reply to "2020 late bloomer"

Pats2020 posted:
collegebaseballrecruitingguide posted:

The safest route in my opinion is to do a PG year and make a plan to get as much exposure during that extra year. I think you’ve heard varying versions of this.

Not sure if son will want to do a PG year, but could anyone tell me what an ideal PG year looks like?  If he decides that is his best option,I want to help him make the most of it. 

The PG year is more about buying time  (reclassifying as a ‘21) than the baseball he plays at that school. He will want to have offers before the PG season starts.  Buying time makes this coming spring high school season and next summer playing on the right travel team that can help sell him and attending the right individual showcases relevant.  

Personally, I still believe D1 would be a long shot. As someone mentioned velocity increase isn’t linear. His recent increase may be where he gets due to improved mechanics. I believe it’s a big mistake for marginal D1 prospects to become obsessed with playing D1. They usually end up sitting and transferring rather than playing. 

Last edited by RJM