Skip to main content

Reply to "2020 RHP/ Is it too late for P5"

No, its not too late for P5 or other schools but you need to be getting exposure and creating a buzz in the marketplace if P5 school is the goal .  Not sure how many D1 schollies are still out there, but there may be opps w/o schollies so that needs to be considered.  

I see your metrics as a tweener in a lot of different ways because of your velocity, frame and recruitability.  You're not small but not overly tall either for a D1 pitcher.   You've got good D1 velocity but not great velocity which may explain why the D1 mid-majors are (mostly) pursuing you.   One thing that does stand out as a potential differentiator is your 30 ACT score.  If you can improve that to say a 32, I think you will have some of the D1 high academic schools (Ivys, Patriot) busting down your door as they are looking for players like you and the recruiting calendar is not too late.  Possibly, 30 ACT is enough for them to take a chance on you, but they may want you to retest.   If I was in your shoes, I would consider Ivy/Patriot schools but it is going to depend on what you're looking for in a college, profession and what you want to study.   Just a thought from my experiences.

Good luck!  

Edited...directly for OP not parent 

Last edited by fenwaysouth