Skip to main content

Reply to "2020's Where should he be?"

a mutual friend who has a talented 2021 had a conversation with a 20 yr coach at an SEC school asking advice for his son and other friends talented sons.   He was told they would really like to get them at their prospect camps during the winter.   The summer camps are typically not as important to him and he has seen that the players are worn out from a long summer of competing.    He then recommended several good travel teams in our area that he respects.  I cant tell you what they would be everywhere but I agreed with the ones he said.    He then mentioned a few coaches that if they call and tell him you should see a certain player he respects them enough that he will see the player quickly.   luckily for me the coach he mentioned is my son's pitching coach.   When I relayed he was flattered and said yup that's why I don't recommend kids to college coaches unless they are no brainer offers,  just 1 bad rec and he feels like he would lose their trust.   our pitching coach is still trying to rap his head around 9th graders getting offered,  realizes its the new thing.   tough to make that call on a kid throwing 83-85 but coaches are projecting now and of course its just a verbal commitment.