Skip to main content

Reply to "2020 strikes again...UCL tear"

Sorry to hear about this. I hate to hear about kids getting injured. There are only so many games they are going to get to play and I hate to see any of them miss significant time.

Did he do anything different in his training, arm care, or pitch counts that could have caused the injury?

Thanks.  As you can imagine, speculation is running rampant at our house and with his coaches right now.  Nothing different in his training, though we suspect that the stop/start nature of the school season and travel season may have been a factor.  His innings and pitch counts were down this year, so that's not likely it.  He was throwing much harder this year than last, did that have anything to do with it?  We don't know.  Given that this is his junior year and that he has been talking to a number of coaches, he's rightly concerned with his recruiting.  We're trying to stay positive, focus on what we can control at this point (attitude is number one), and I guess we'll face the rest when we get the final recommendation from his doctors.  Dad is taking this as hard as Chazson, but he's keeping a very brave face.